Modern Slavery Statement
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the year ending 31st December 2020.
The statement sets down Combined Intelligence Ltd commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the business activities of Combined Intelligence Ltd which are as follows:
- Combined Intelligence is a consultancy and delivery services organisation. We provide services to enable our clients to achieve the maximum potential from the application of intelligent technologies. The business was founded and is led by Professor Andrew Pardoe (Chairman) and Dr Steven Sheppard (CEO). Our services are provided by CI employees, associates and trusted partners.
The Company currently operates in the following countries:
- United Kingdom and Europe – Consultancy and Delivery Services
Responsibility for the Company’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies – The CEO is responsible for ensuring policies are created and reviewed. The process by which policies are developed is based on looking at best practice and adapting to the needs of the Company.
- Risk assessments – The Health and Safety Officer is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern slavery.
To ensure a good understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains, the Company requires board members and other staff in relevant roles to complete awareness training.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Bribery Act Policy
- Corporate Ethical Policy
- Anti-Money Laundering Policy
- Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers. The Company’s due diligence process includes evaluating the modern slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier.
The Company uses the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we are in ensuring slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains including requiring all relevant staff to have completed training on modern slavery.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Board of Directors endorses this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.